Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Fall out with a close friend........

Options
  • 26-01-2012 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I am abit unsure of how to proceed, i'll try to keep it brief!
    I'm after falling out with a girl who i thought was a very close friend of mine. We have been friends about 5 years and share alot of the same interests, she can be a small bit snobby and a little bit judgmental of people she doesn't know..so back then i brought her into my group of friends and she wasn't very gone on them at the time but she befriended a few of them and became very close to 1 or 2 but was quiet apprehensive of some of them, so i moved away for 14 months moved back, She was still friendly with my friends but also has her own group of friends whom she shares different interests with....
    There was alot of drama and bitching going on, so i decided to filter out 1 or 2 people who were causing me a lot of stuff, ie draining my energy with their negativiity and bitching, and also got advice from my good friend on doing so!
    So then 1 of the girls i spotted talking to decides to become best friends with my good friend 'Rachel', i didn't really mind until Rachel wouldn't answer my phone calls or brush me off if she was with this other girl, it was like she felt guilty hanging out with her because she had done alot of talking behind her back and knew it was abit wrong.
    So after seeing the way she operates i am wondering how good a friend she actually is........

Anyways about a year ago me & Rachel had an argument on a night out in a different town, we were both very drunk and she was making comments about kissing her guy friends and i stated that if she was leading on her friends no wonder they got the wrong idea, she then make a very strange comment about something 1 of our friends had said to her about me and then she stormed off and wouldn't divulge what she meant, i then stormed in search of my phone and i happened to have her phone in my hand so i read her text messages from this guy we were speaking about and it just so happened my boyfriend had kissed another girl 4 months earlier and she and another 'good' friend of mine had known, and he was threatening to tell me because my boyfriend had pissed him off. so last week my x boyfriend told Rachel what i had done a year ago, i wanted to tell her for ages but i couldnt muster up the courage and i was unsure of how valid our friendship was, i felt completely lost, and so annoyed at myself that i had looked at her messages aswel.
    Should i just accept that the friendship is over and move on with a life lesson.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Carriexx

hi Calire - i'd say no-one has replied as your post is quite confusing. Did your ex only tell your friend now you read her texts? Did you tell her on that weekend away? Is that was a year ago - have you guys not spoken since then?

Its all a bit confusing, sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Clairesie

Carriexx wrote: »
    hi Calire - i'd say no-one has replied as your post is quite confusing. Did your ex only tell your friend now you read her texts? Did you tell her on that weekend away? Is that was a year ago - have you guys not spoken since then?

Its all a bit confusing, sorry
    Hi, sorry it is v confusing! Yeah my x told her just last week..I didn't tell her but she told my boyfriend that she thought I had.

• Administrators Posts: 13,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

So where do things stand now?

Have you spoken to her in a year? Did she seem bothered that you read her texts?Was your ex only telling her because he was pissed off you found out? (why drag it up a year later?) Are you pissed off because a year ago you found out that your friends knew and didn't tell you? Have you been acting like nothing happened for a year, and now it's all blowing up again?

You don't really say where the falling out happened.. if it has actually happened at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Clairesie

So where do things stand now?

Have you spoken to her in a year? Did she seem bothered that you read her texts?Was your ex only telling her because he was pissed off you found out? (why drag it up a year later?) Are you pissed off because a year ago you found out that your friends knew and didn't tell you? Have you been acting like nothing happened for a year, and now it's all blowing up again?

You don't really say where the falling out happened.. if it has actually happened at all!
    No I was so pissed off they kept it from me... Last weekend my x told her what I done because he was pissed off at her and bitter at me for breaking up with him, we only broke up recently so that's why he is bitter now, he thinks she has something to do with us breaking up. She is not talking to me now because of what he told her. She never gave me a chance fully to explain what went on that night 1 year ago because she couldn't rem wat happened because she was so drunk. I hope that answers all your questions...

Advertisement