Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on this as a tattoo..

• 26-01-2012 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭

My tattooist sent me an email yesterday with an idea for a new tattoo. This is going on my left shoulder-blade and will be looking at a Predator tattoo I already have done. What do ye think of the drawing?

189941.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looks pretty awesome to me, I'd be very happy with that if an artist sent it to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

As long as he/she is good enough to get all the small details in it should be an epic piece.

(If you go ahead with it don't forgot to show us a few pics! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cathalsmith

http://www.wildcat.ie/index.php?main_page=gallery&JGALL_DIR=Tattoo Gallerys/Jervis St/Woyt/&JGALL_IMG=alien-tattoo-by-wojt.jpg
    hope its ok to post a link, but woyt in wildcat tattoo has done great tattoos and i know he loves all things alien/predator, if ya aint chosen a artist yet that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

If your artist is really, REALLY good then that could be an amazing piece!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

with the detale in that its gona need to be big , if a good artist can do it , best of luck , should be fantastic when done

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

http://www.wildcat.ie/index.php?main_page=gallery&JGALL_DIR=Tattoo Gallerys/Jervis St/Woyt/&JGALL_IMG=alien-tattoo-by-wojt.jpg
    hope its ok to post a link, but woyt in wildcat tattoo has done great tattoos and i know he loves all things alien/predator, if ya aint chosen a artist yet that is

Just had a look through his gallery. Wow! that Spawn Clown tattoo is amazing!
    Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Looks pretty awesome to me, I'd be very happy with that if an artist sent it to me!
    Elbow wrote: »
    As long as he/she is good enough to get all the small details in it should be an epic piece.

(If you go ahead with it don't forgot to show us a few pics! :D)
    If your artist is really, REALLY good then that could be an amazing piece!
    antocann wrote: »
    with the detale in that its gona need to be big , if a good artist can do it , best of luck , should be fantastic when done

With regard to his ability, the guy is amazing! He's REALLY good. So I have no doubt about how good it's gonna be. With regard to size, he reckons it'll be A4 or slightly smaller.

And yes, of course I'll stick up pics. It'll be a few weeks yet and he reckons two to three sessions, but as soon as it's done, I'll lash up a few pics.

Thanks for the opinions guys. :)

We have a green light! :pac:

Work starts on this at the weekend. Heading to Carlow early on Saturday morning to begin the first six hour session. WOO HOO!!!

Watch this space for pics. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

We have a green light! :pac:

Work starts on this at the weekend. Heading to Carlow early on Saturday morning to begin the first six hour session. WOO HOO!!!

Watch this space for pics. :D

I'm actually excited about seeing how this comes out - the pic in your first post is awesome.

Thanks a mill lads.

*note to self - remind herself to bring batteries for the camera!* LOL

OK lads, as promised - a couple of pics. I got loads, but no point blitzing the place! LOL. He was at it from 11.30am to 5.30pm. 6 hours and I just couldn't take the pain any more, so he called it. He reckons another 6 hour session and it'll be done. So bearing in mind it's only half done, here ya go....

195156.jpg

195157.jpg

195158.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ktkt

wahhhhhhhhhhh... that's sooo cool

Thanks. It'll be even better when it's finished.

It looks great! How big is it going to be?
    Just remember though that tattoos are essentially permanent. It is going to be a part of your body for the rest of your life, so fcék what anybody else thinks, just get what you like :D

Thanks man. This particular one is about A4 size. It won't be any bigger itself, but he'll be tying it in with the Predator tattoo I have on my left arm, and basically making an Alien vs Predator sleeve. Well, that's the plan anyway.

I got the tattoo for me, I don't care if anyone has a problem with it. The father in law the other day said "tattoos, terrible things, and at your age too? You should know better" water off a duck's back! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Colours ok. But is it just me or does the shine on it's head kinda make it look like a penis? I know Aliens are meant to be phallic anyways (oh Giger!), so in a way it works.

Looks like that alien is ribbed, for her pleasure.

I'll bet the end result will be awesome though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Be careful with posting the ould copyrighted Hr Giger art online.......Sean Sherlock will be around in the morning with a scalpel to remove it.

chin_grin wrote: »
    Colours ok. But is it just me or does the shine on it's head kinda make it look like a penis? I know Aliens are meant to be phallic anyways (oh Giger!), so in a way it works.

Looks like that alien is ribbed, for her pleasure.

I'll bet the end result will be awesome though.

FFS!!!! smiley-laughing013.gif Class!

Yeah, I'm thinking it'll be savage when it's finished. Six weeks and counting! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

mikom wrote: »
    Be careful with posting the ould copyrighted Hr Giger art online.......Sean Sherlock will be around in the morning with a scalpel to remove it.

It's gonna be dark soon, and he mostly hunts at night . Mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 blaser r93

My tattooist sent me an email yesterday with an idea for a new tattoo. This is going on my left shoulder-blade and will be looking at a Predator tattoo I already have done. What do ye think of the drawing?

189941.jpg

that looks great

Got the call from my tattooist today. I'm back in with him this Saturday to get this finished. Another 6 hours he reckons. :o Ah well, it'll be worth it when it's done I reckon.

I'll throw up a few more pics on Sunday or Monday to show the finished article. :D