Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac have got rid of Woodcraft Level 4 !!

Options
  • 26-01-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is here?

As you may know, Fetac are "deactivating" all of their old Level 4 modules as of 31 December 2012 and replacing them with new module descriptors.

I have just reviewed the proposed new Maths module, and the new Functional Maths.
    Also, Technical drawing. They have quite a few changes, so I imagine that many of us are going to be seriously peeved that we have to re-do our entire courses to suit the new descriptors.

There seems to be no replacement for Woodcraft Level 4.

Do Fetac expect us to simply abandon our workshops and stop offering Woodcraft as a subject?!!?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

I heard that BoatBuilder. Did you contact them about it to see whats the story? Woodcraft is a very popular subject and it will be sad to have it left out at level 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

We're waiting to hear back from them.... so far there has been total silence on the issue. No notification or advance warning that they were pulling it either.
    No communication whatsoever.

They send us out Mickey-mouse "consultation" forms to fill in for their revised modules, yet completely get rid of one of our main subjects without ANY consultation, or even having the manners to tell us that its gone. Their handling of it confirms to that they are a Mickey-mouse qualification and if I were an employer, I'd think twice about taking a Fetac wualification at face value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

If you check the FETAC website they have a document called Managing the Transition to CAS for Level 3 and 4. In this document they have a new Woodcraft Module 4N3185 which is active from 27th Jan 2012. You must be very relieved- would have been crazy to have gotten rid of such a great subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Yeah, at the time of my post, Fetac hadn't given us that information. Such bad communication! But yes, Woodcraft is back!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

The whole change over has been very rushed and confusing I think. Glad you're sorted :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement