Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just need opinions

Options
  • 26-01-2012 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I work in my job coming up 6years now. I used to work in a different department but a new boss started and shook up the place and decided to make 2people full time( I'm permanent part time but at this stage I was working 33hours) interviews went ahead I didn't get the Job 6months later the job came up again I applied amd didn't get it was told I don't show motivation I have no work ethic so told manager that I do I jus find it hard to show things like that so anyway fastforward untill last november I asked to be trained in another dept and was told yeah we will on the next roster so I wasn't put on it but didn't say anythin with it being close to Xmas so during the week I find out someone who is there just a year is getting trained in that dept I asked about. As far as I know we asked around the same time
    Am I being unreasonable thinking this is fair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

It is very hard to answer a question like this without a lot of detail, so I will as you a question.
    • After your first failed interview what steps, training, self-development, mentoring, etc did you take to improve your chances of getting the next job that came up?
    • After your second failed interview what steps, training, self-development, mentoring, etc did you take to improve your chances of getting the next job that came up?

If the answer is nothing? Then this is not so unfair.

If the answer is everything that you could try? Then this could be unfair.

More detail would help.

Advertisement