Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xperia play vs iPhone

Options
  • 25-01-2012 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi. I currently have a iPhone 4 but I've been looking at the Xperia play as I'm 14 and use my phone mainly for mobile gaming and I want the Xperia play to do the same but with a few console emulators aswell (iPhones N64 and all are broken). Other things that put me off iPhone are its lacklustre of combatibility, I'm using Ubuntu Linux and its very frustrating that I can't sync my music onto my phone.

Should I make the switch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

You can sync your iPhone to Ubuntu. Here's a tutorial: http://blog.higosoft.com/how-to-sync-your-iphone-or-ipod-touch-in-ubuntu.html

If you jailbreak your iPhone you can get whatever emulators you like. If you're dead set on an Xperia play, you can sell your iPhone and be left with more than enough money for an Xperia Play.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheJoebocop

Cool Mo D wrote: »

If you jailbreak your iPhone you can get whatever emulators you like.

All emulators have been broke since 4.0.1

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭pigeon999

I would say get the xperia play

its getting ice cream sandwich (android 4) but your kind of have to wait till sometime in may

you can kind of do whatever you want with android if you root it.

the android market is still growing and it has most of the apps on iphone but free

i have heard that the 'analogue sticks' aren't sensitive enough

look at a video in youtube at the play and at a vs vid of the too

Advertisement