Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Construction Studies project?

Options
  • 25-01-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I am in fifth year at the moment and our construction studies teacher has started advising us to get started designing the project. There is no brief for the project this year (dunno if there ever was). I am thinking of doing a bit of a stud wall, slab, door frame and flooring for the project. I was just wondering if its within the rules to buy a pre made door and floor boards and use them in my project?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭fusuf

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Building a stuf wall with plaster board is no reason to make a door. I'd be on the lookout for a cheap hollow door for your project.

No point in buying an expensive door only for it to be thrown out after the l.c is over

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭fusuf

Building a stuf wall with plaster board is no reason to make a door. I'd be on the lookout for a cheap hollow door for your project.

No point in buying an expensive door only for it to be thrown out after the l.c is over
    The type of door doesnt matter my brother said he'd get me a door suitable. what i'm wondering is if its within the rules of the leaving cert you know, to purchase pre made parts for my project or must it be made from scratch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

No it doesn't have to he made from scratch. You can't make plasterboard from scratch and if you use laminate flooring for the floor you can't make that from scratch either do well within the rules

You should make the stud wall and door frame yourself. The door frame can be made out if flat stock and use door stops then as you will most likely not hung a door before and rebeated doors frames are harder to hang a door on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DJC Barry

making electric guitar for leaving cert .Nearly finished.Any tips on what to write up for folder.How much do you normally have to write ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement