Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading to Lion...

Options
  • 25-01-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Well I have upgraded twice before, to the GM and later the 10.7.1, but promptly downgraded back to 10.6.8 due to depressing battery life and constant beachballs. I have since upgraded to 8G ram on my 2010 MBP and a vertex 3 SSD, and i'm tempted once 10.7.3 comes out (imminent - I downloaded the dev preview but am afraid to install it!)

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any experiences like these with Lion, if it still happens, how to stop it, yada yada yada

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

I haven't found the need to downgrade from "Snow Leopard" to "Lion" and lose all my "Rosetta" apps. The only use I can see for Lion is that Apple will force you to use it if you want to synchronise all your Apple devices. I synch mine locally through my main Mac, so I don't need that facility.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I downgraded myself. Cool beans if it suits you, but I found it at times irritating and slow and buggy with higher battery usage compared to snow leopard on the same hardware(2.66i7/MBP/8 GBs ram/1gb 1Gb HD). Yes it was a clean install onto a freshly formatted disk too. The lack of rosetta is also a pain for me. Maybe the new update will solve many of these problems, but for now I'm happy with the stability and performance of Snow Leopard.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement