Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inside Men new crime thriller on BBC1 Feb 2nd

Options
  • 25-01-2012 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Its not from the Luther company but it shares a few elements including Warren Brown and Steven Mackintosh

preview

inside-men.jpg

Its directed by the guy who did the very enjoyable Marshlands spooky house drama on ITV last year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2012/05/inside-men.html

John Coniston is the manager of a cash counting house who finds himself in the middle of his worst nightmare: an armed robbery. His family are taken hostage and the gang force him to open the safe at gunpoint. John has been trained for this moment, but is he prepared for the real thing?
    Nine months earlier and we see that John’s life is normally anything but exciting. Despite all the dreams and ambitions in his early 20s, he’s now entrenched in a humdrum normality: married, mortgaged, scraping by.
    John has always played it safe. He lives in fear of confrontation. His one source of pride is his record at work. At his counting house the books are always balanced. Not even a fiver goes missing without him knowing about it.
    Then one day while checking the accounts John notices that £50,000 has gone missing and he can see his world falling apart. He suspects two men of being responsible – Chris, a security guard at the depot and Marcus, a forklift driver.
    John calls the two men into his office to confront them. But instead of turning them in to the police he offers them all a way out that will change them and their lives forever.
    Steven Mackintosh plays John, Ashley Walters plays Chris, Warren Brown plays Marcus, Kierston Wareing plays Gina, Leila Mimmack plays Dita, Nicola Walker plays Kirsty, Hannah Merry plays Olivia, Tom Mannion plays Gordon, Ruth Gemmell plays Rebecca and Paul Popplewell plays Tom.

Good opening last night. Interesting to see what happened between February and September
    to create the apparent fall out in the raid scene

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Yep. Came across it by accident as I was flicking through the channels. Glad I did as it turned out to be good. Looking forward to see how it all pans out in the intervening months.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just watched part 2 - thought it was very good and looking forward to seeing how it pans out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭InisMor

I really enjoyed this. McIntosh was superb in his face off with Walters.

One thing though - why were the police not watching the depot and why did they not round up the gang quicker?

I don't remember a scene where the police express any disbelief of Chris's information.

I was thinking that maybe Chris was having a fantasy/dream where he has the courage to turn to the police, his final scene with Marcus makes it clear that he had really gone to the police.

Chris' story comes unravelled there - unless I missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

unsatisfying ending for me, but overall a good drama well acted

Mackintosh is a class actor, btw he's a dead ringer for David Bowie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I didn't take to it much at all, and thought the ending was crap.

I enjoyed it but can't decide if the conclusion was really just a big cop out the scallies heading across the Severn Bridge (and therefore to Ireland one presumes) is daft or are they planning on hiding out in the Welsh mountains for the next 40 years? As for John I'd have faced down and made to realise that he was a little man after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Loved the first 3 episodes but like everyone else i was left confused and let down by the ending. Would put me off recommending it to anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

yep ending just confused me. unless he was just proving to himself that he could do this and wasn't satisfied with his boring humdrum life, but seemed very odd ending.

Advertisement