Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home cctv advice and opinions

Options
  • 25-01-2012 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi lads and ladies,

right straight to the point.....
    looking for advice on home cctv kits, preferably a 4 camera kit with monitor and ir for night viewing too.... been looking at a few items on the likes of ebay but would like to hear peoples opinions on some other systems, and trying to keep the business local(ish)

id need 4 cameras 2 for the front and 2 for the rear with decent quality lenses and a good hdd for storage. but heres the clincher i need a system that if anything happened that the quality would be good enough to secure a conviction, no blurry faces and muffled audio.

whats out there and what kinda prices are these kits? we have gotten some quotes but i think there mental money weve been quoted close to 2 grand in some cases for supply and fitting of this stuff yet i can see these systems going for in and around 500 euro...... monitors i can get for 200 so thats not a huge hassle

any advice would be appreciated people.

Dan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

RandomRs wrote: »
    hi lads and ladies,

right straight to the point.....
    looking for advice on home cctv kits, preferably a 4 camera kit with monitor and ir for night viewing too.... been looking at a few items on the likes of ebay but would like to hear peoples opinions on some other systems, and trying to keep the business local(ish)

id need 4 cameras 2 for the front and 2 for the rear with decent quality lenses and a good hdd for storage. but heres the clincher i need a system that if anything happened that the quality would be good enough to secure a conviction, no blurry faces and muffled audio.

whats out there and what kinda prices are these kits? we have gotten some quotes but i think there mental money weve been quoted close to 2 grand in some cases for supply and fitting of this stuff yet i can see these systems going for in and around 500 euro...... monitors i can get for 200 so thats not a huge hassle

any advice would be appreciated people.

Dan

It is always going to work out dearer professionally installed.
    If looking to do this yourself contact CONDOR SECURITY DISTRIBUTION LTD.
    They are more than happy to help you out, just for Ken.
    23A Greenhills Industrial Estate,
    Greenhills Road, Walkinstown, Dublin 12, Ireland.
    01 409 7733/34

I would recommend having a look at the kit set up and the playback before buying the system. You cant do that on E-bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

Hi Guys
    im looking for a bit of advice on my ir cctv camera images. i have 2 images attached one at daytime and one at nighttime. the day one is good i think but at night any motion shows up as blur and i cannot make out if even a car passes. In the picture u will see a person walking past my gates with a flashlamp but its very hard to make out if it is even a person. Is the ir lamps set too strong as i can adjust this on the camera, there is strong ir lamps on the unit. bear in mind the camera is mounted 50M from the gates but there is a 6-60mm lens on the camera. Any ideas would be great.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Wheres the attachments?

Sorry guys neber added them. here they are. thanks guys.

Gate night.jpg

Gates day.jpg

sorry guys here thay are. any ideas?

Gate night.jpg

Gates day.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try to refocus the camera just as the IRs switch on.

as i said even a car passing shows the same blurr u could hardly make out shape of car

If a camera is focused in full daylight it will go out of focus at dusk.

Thanks Koolkid for your time.
    i will try that although would that not put the day time image out of focus. Do you think this camera is of good quality by seeming the images?

If its focused just at lux level where if switches to B & W it will generally stay in focus for day light as well. It may take some trial & error.
    Any specs on the camera your using?

• Advertisement

thanks koolkid. follow the link for spec of camera. im using 660tvl version.

http://www.cctv-camera-supplier.com/C-80M-V.html

Which resolution have you got?
    600 or higher would be good. It looks a little short on LEDs for the 60m range. Bu thats just based on looking at the data sheet. I could be wrong.

hi
    im using 660 tvl as for the ir led they seem to do the job. i have attached a image taken in complete darkness as this is the country. as u will see the wall across the road is 60M from the camera and is visible. more importantly what do u think?anradharccctv.com_3_20120219_132706 (2).jpg

You should be able to get the blur out of your images so.
    Try that focusing just as the Irs switch on.

Hi Guys
    I have an Icrealtime hybrid dvrand I have connected alarm outputs for home automation. I wired a 500mA psu 12v to the alarm contacts on the dvr. everything works perfect for a few weeks but then its like as if a relay get stuck or shorts as it causes all the outputs to flicker on and off very quickly and also all the display lights on the dvr flicker too. it stops when I unplug both dvr and psu and reconnect they work fine again for a while. also when this happens the dvr does not function correctly like not recording. any ideas is it a faulty relay or something?

Advertisement