Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the frack is going on with LAWSOC

Options
  • 25-01-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

According to the tribune yesterday;

"Nine Law Soc committee members resigned from their positions earlier tonight."

Why? If for no other reason, I enjoy a good gossip.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Just 9 of us decided to resign and the election is in three weeks.

Crazy thing is we still filled theatre L four times this year, got in more academic guests then ever before, had higher average debate attendance then ever before, touch wood will run the best law ball we ever have and had a team win the national moot court competition.

More guests and success to come, hopefully gonna win society of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I heard it's over that Sheen controversy, nothing interesting really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I heard it's over something different altogether .... ie, something considerably more interesting, but I'm saying nowt.

Yeah I dunno why Donie put that in the article its nothing to do with Sheen.

Sheen stuff was all last year (100th session).

Everything the auditor does he does in the best interest of the society, problem is every now and then he hurts someone by doing it. So for instance at one point he asked someone to run for Auditor against his own best friend and treasurer. His reason for asking this person to run for auditor was he thought this person happened to have a lot of experience in some of the fields Lawsoc were struggling in. (Prize for guessing who it was).

Of course that email (along with every other email Lawsoc gets) got leaked. The auditors best friend wasn't all that happy that the auditor was trying to get someone to run against him.

I should clarify, in the email the auditor sent, he didn't favour either of the two current candidates. He favoured a third party who is not running for auditor, mainly because I did last year and can't be arsed doing it again. Apparently the Observer have those emails, (do you Fad?) So you might be party to them soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

errlloyd wrote: »

I should clarify, in the email the auditor sent, he didn't favour either of the two current candidates. He favoured a third party who is not running for auditor, mainly because I did last year and can't be arsed doing it again. Apparently the Observer have those emails, (do you Fad?) So you might be party to them soon enough.

I haven't seen them, I have nowt to do with news and what not. afaik, the emails are around though.

• Advertisement

I wonder would news publish the full text of them. Holistically I didn't say anything dodge, but selectively quoted I'll get hammered....

Advertisement