Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp sudden pain in lower molar

Options
  • 25-01-2012 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

For the past 2 weeks pretty much every time I drink water a short pulsation pain hits one of my lower molars or around that area.

It’s a split second pain with no lasting effect, almost like a shock and makes me wince. Seems to come from the base of the tooth.

Went to the dentist 2 days ago and he replaced a filling that was cracked but no change.

It only happens when I drink water - doesn’t happen with tea etc.

Any tips would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

I'd a similar expierence, ended getting a rc job. Tooth ache can be totally debilitating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Best go see a dentist and have the tooth examined, X-rays and vitality tested. Could be simple sensitivity, or decay or a nerve problem. There is no way to know without clinical examination.

Dont leave it, a stitch in time save 9 and when it comes to dental work never was this more true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭PCros

Best go see a dentist and have the tooth examined, X-rays and vitality tested. Could be simple sensitivity, or decay or a nerve problem. There is no way to know without clinical examination.

Dont leave it, a stitch in time save 9 and when it comes to dental work never was this more true.

Many thanks for your reply. Got all of the above done on Monday when I was at dentist. He did do an X-ray and all looked normal also he cleaned the tooth with healozone before refilling.

He also told me that I grind my teeth so I'm starting to think its most likely sensitivity due to the grinding.

I will be returning to dentist next week as he was to look at another old filling.

Can you recommend a good toothpaste for sensitive teeth?

Thank in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

PCros wrote: »
    also he cleaned the tooth with healozone before refilling.

Lets hope he cleaned it with more than that :D about as effective a saying prayers over the tooth, look and sounds impressive though.

Advertisement