Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-trojan scan

Options
  • 25-01-2012 7:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

There is an official government site where you can do an on-line scan for trojans and other malware. Anyone got the url, please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Doubt it. Your better off downloading Malwarebytes free. update it. Boot into safe mode and do a scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Why would you trust an official government site more then any other?
    ajmull wrote: »
    There is an official government site where you can do an on-line scan for trojans and other malware. Anyone got the url, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

Why would you trust an official government site more then any other?

Because it worked for me before. Removed a trojan that AVG failed to. I don't necessarily think it is better because its a government site. Its been a few months since I used it and forgot to save site. Got the info about it on Boards.ie but can't find it now through Search or Google and just wondered could anyone help.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

as said above, download malwarebytes and run it. Also get superantispyware (USB standalone version). reboot your pc in safemode and run the two scanners one after the other. clean up whatever they find.

Keep both utilities on a USB key somewhere in case you need them again but remember to regularly check for updates as they wont detect newer spyware/malware unless you've updated the signature file.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

Skinnie - that's the one. Thanks a million.
    Thanks too for the other help, I appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭infodox

Site ran by German .gov
    German .gov likes trojanning people.

PROBLEM?????

I think anyone serious about their privacy would be AVOIDING using a service like that...

/paranoid ranting ends

Advertisement