Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Display Problem ?

Options
  • 25-01-2012 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I got a new Toshiba Satellite C650-191 with Windows 7 64-Bit Operating System for Christmas this year and every so often (Every week-ish) the screen would just black-out and then come back in a fuzzy-ish zoomed in display mode and the picture on screen doesn't fill the actual screen size .
    It's really weird because I've never seen anything like it ,only once when my Java stopped working ,I fixed the Java problem by installing the 64-Bit version and un-installing the previous version .

Maybe somethings missing thats affecting my display but what could it be ? I haven't tampered with any of the technical files on my notebook yet either .

Any ideas anyone ? Thanks in advance .

PS. I noticed it with the Java when I went to run Minecraft one day at my friends house and it gave me the same screen display whenever I opened anything that had to with Java but I'm not opening any sort of program when this happens ,most of the time I'm just watching a video on YouTube ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

See if there's an updated Graphics driver and Chipset driver on toshiba website and update.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

try disable screensaver and standby in windows, and
    disable any bios screensaver/power settings

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ColinBassGuy

whizbang wrote: »
    try disable screensaver and standby in windows, and
    disable any bios screensaver/power settings

Thanks for the reply ,how do i disable bios screensaver/power settings ?

Advertisement