Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2001 1.8 ford mondeo clicking noise

Options
  • 24-01-2012 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi i have a 2001 mondeo and theres a slight clicking noise in it at first i taught it was clutch release bearing as it was that kind of noise but got it checked and its not that i have just replaced drive shaft cause i assumed it was that but still clicking it,s not a major clicking but enough to do my head in any help would be appreciated ..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Could it be the swirl flaps about to injest themselves into the engine? As far as I know, when the swirl flaps are getting close to going, they start to make a ticking sound. If the flaps go it's bye bye engine:eek:! Even if it's not the swirl flaps, get rid of them anyway, it's a cheap job to get done but it will save you a lot of hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 stevietonik

I just spoke to my mechanic friend who has been helping me try solve this and he wreckons ya might have hit the nail on the head so i,ll remove them saturday morning and hopefully that,ll be that ..

thanks for help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

There is a good article here about the inlet manifold problems on 1.8L and 2.0L Duratec engines, there are also a few tips to aide diagnosis. If you think the noise might be coming from the gearbox/clutch area, I think those cars have a dual mass flywheel and the clicking could be an early sign of failure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 stevietonik

Could it be the swirl flaps about to injest themselves into the engine? As far as I know, when the swirl flaps are getting close to going, they start to make a ticking sound. If the flaps go it's bye bye engine:eek:! Even if it's not the swirl flaps, get rid of them anyway, it's a cheap job to get done but it will save you a lot of hassle.

THANKS FOR QUICK REPLY:D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

It's easy to fix, 4 hour work for amateur to take off butterfly valves or you can buy four new butterfly valves from ford dealer and replace (to replace you must have in good condition square bar from butterfly valves), it cost approximately 50 euro.

I replace myself butterfly valves for new in my 2002 mondeo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement