Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cartomizers

Options
  • 24-01-2012 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Can someone explain in ordinary language what's the difference between these and normal attomizers for an ego tank?

Then there are dual coil cartomizers?

Do they leak, how are they refilled, how long do they last and what kind of tanks are used?

I'd be obliged if someone could take time out to explain or point me to a decent explanation/video.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

They're less complicated than they sound. An atomiser has a heating coil to vapourise the liquid, a cartridge stores the liquid and feeds it to the coil, a cartomiser is then just both together in one unit and a dual coil cartomiser has two coils instead of just one.

They're basically just a cylinder with some foam inside to hold the liquid and two coils placed along the inside. There's a few different ways to fill them, the most straightforward is to just drop juice in the top straight from the bottle. Another common way is to put some juice into a little rubber bung that comes with them (usually called a condom), and when it's pushed back over the DCC the juice gets pushed through to it.

They can leak a little when overfilled, the foam will only hold so much liquid and if you put too much in it'll drip out the bottom. It's common practice when filling to put some tissue or something underneath and blow on the top to push out any excess. If you let the foam get too dry as well it can get damaged so another common thing is to keep adding a few more drops every now and then to keep it good and wet. I tend to overdo this a lot and get small leaks which is annoying, but it's more my own fault than the DCCs. In general they work great and are very simple to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

The eGO tank is a sort of cartomizer it has a tank that wicks down to an atomizer. The difference is the tank attie holds the liquid in a tank and the regular carto holds it in wollie stuff wicking through the middle.
    Cartos are more disposable than tank atties, i.e. they don't last as long but on the other hand they are cheap.
    If you want you can have a kind of combo, a tank that leaks into the carto, it increases the amount of liquid you can hold between refills and increases the life of the carto.
    Like this;
    http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/cartomiser-systems/dual-coil-tank/35ml-6ml-dual-coil-tank-product.html

Big thing to stick on an ego IMHO but horses for courses as they say.

Advertisement