Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nothern Lights

Options
  • 24-01-2012 9:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭

OK, it was quite overcast tonight, but at about 20:00 to 20:30 I saw the most amazing display in the sky in a northerly direction.
    First a lot of flashes going off, these where in multiple locations, in short bursts, followed by more sustained glowing that moved across the sky in quite a wide area, taking in most of the northern half of the sky that I can see.
    It was a kind of pale green (as much as I could see that through the clouds)
    I live out near Crusheen, in the hills, so have a bit of elevation. Galway is on my left and the lights where pretty much straight ahead.
    Anyone else see this?
    I have seen them once before in Norway in 1994, of course there was no cloud cover then, it was amazing, but the patterns where quite the same, except there wasn't as much flashing.

Comments

Advertisement