Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foxes in Ballsbridge

Options
  • 24-01-2012 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭

In the last couple of weeks I spotted foxes (perhaos it was always the same) on the Eldin rd are at around 8am. Nice sight.

Now, today between 6am and 6.30 i saw another one walking in my place's garden. Its size was the same as a mid size dog and it looked in very good condition given the bright orange of its hair.

The little one was going and coming around a hole where squirrells hide something.

I did not get totale him a picture, but I will try to do so and share it.

I believe this must be rather common given the proximity of Herbert park, very enjoyable really :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Yeah there are a few in Elm Park Golf Club behind Vincent's Hospital. Well known for rumaging through unattended golf bags looking for food. They are incredibly tame there and will nearly eat out of your hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

It's the end of the mating season for them, so they will be a bit more desperate, preoccupied and horny.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Spotted this guy roaming around last Monday night.

Photo from my mobile taken at Grange Road / Nutgrove Ave junction.

005vtz.jpg

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

veetwin wrote: »
    Yeah there are a few in Elm Park Golf Club behind Vincent's Hospital. Well known for rumaging through unattended golf bags looking for food. They are incredibly tame there and will nearly eat out of your hand!
    I saw one early in the morning on the waste ground opposite Tara Towers Hotel so not a million miles away from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

I travel down anglesea road sometimes in or around 4am after work and usually see one or two.

I'd consider them a usual sight - you've to look out for them though as they're smart enough to scamper when they hear a vehicle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Loads around me, foxes have no problems in urban areas.

Advertisement