Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

injector warning light ducato

Options
  • 24-01-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

new to site so please go handy on me.
    ducato 2.8jtd 2001.injector warning light staying on.camper is driving well with no obvious signs of trouble.have had 2 diagnostic tests,one with maindealer,neither showing anything.would appreciate any suggestions as to how solve problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭WildWater

Hi 181151
    Welcome to the boards.ie motorhomes & campervans thread. I've not seen this discussed here before but over on motorhomefact.com it has come up a few times in different threads. So it would appear to be a common enough issue. However, from looking at a few of those threads there doesn't appear to be one common fault.

Have a look at this one for starters. You can browse the forum without being a member.
    http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftoptitle-108134-injector-warning-light.html

Hope that helps

Wildwater

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Hi
    I used to have a 2001 2.8 and had an intermittent problem with the warning light........It would come on occasionally when driving and I would loose all power for a second or 2. Then it would clear and all would be good again.

Never did get to the bottom of it so would be interested to hear if you get an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I have same engine and same problem I think.
    Is it a red light with a spray coming from it???
    Anyway to cut to the chase I've had this light on since I got van three years ago.

I got the diagnostic codes using a cable and fiatecuscan which is free to download.

It turns out on my van anyway that the problem is to do with the relay that operates the secondary cooling fan...a fan that never comes on unless your stuck in traffic at 49 degrees.

Pm me your email address.
    I can email you the light that's on my dashboard to see if it's the same...

Actually try this link first.
    http://www.google.ie/search?tbm=isch&source=mog&hl=en-GB&gl=ie&client=safari&q=fiat%20injector%20light&sa=N&biw=320&bih=356

Same as mine....

• Registered Users Posts: 10 181151

thank you all for your replies.yes it is red light with spray.i suspect it is a common issue with various causes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

181151 wrote: »
    thank you all for your replies.yes it is red light with spray.i suspect it is a common issue with various causes.

Yeah it's comes on for a lot of faults.
    If your near Limerick I could check what faults are on it for you.
    Marty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

181151 wrote: »
    new to site so please go handy on me.
    ducato 2.8jtd 2001.injector warning light staying on.camper is driving well with no obvious signs of trouble.have had 2 diagnostic tests,one with maindealer,neither showing anything.would appreciate any suggestions as to how solve problem.

If the light is staying on there has to be fault code so the guys that did the diagnostics were talking through their bum and just cleared it because it was intermittant I'd say. Intermittant connection on injector number 4 is a common one but could be a hundred things really without a code to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 181151

as i understand it the diagnostic chappies were not communicating with engine at all.Thanks for most generous offer Marty .for moment cant get down your way.

Advertisement