Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OCD - ruminating

Options
  • 24-01-2012 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I had a session with my doctor a couple of weeks ago. I had been in hospital before Xmas for a change of meds. So far so good.

Anyways as the session was finishing up I mentoned how, even though Xmas had gone well, I found now & again I had some negative thoughts and I couldn't get them out of my head.

So my doc threw out some fancy term at me which I didn't understand at first (and I can't remember). Then he said I had OCD. "What?", I said. Turns out I ruminate and for me this is a form of OCD. Then my doc says because I have been struggling with Bipolar for over 20 years & because it's a very stressful illness, over such a long time I have developed additional illnesses to my Bipolar: Social Anxiety and OCD/Ruminating. He suggested CBT to help with both.

I was just wondering if anyone else has OCD/Ruminating and how do you handle it? I am not keen on going to CBT again. I was wondering if I was more active and busier during the day would that help?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Late reply but in case you're still looking for help, Stuckinadoorway is a great forum for OCD sufferers and it's pretty big so threads usually get fast responses. I have OCD and have been doing CBT for a while now, I have found it has helped me hugely, I went from not being able to leave my house to being able to do essentially anything I want. I'm far from recovered but I'm getting there. Why are you against CBT?

Advertisement