Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get to Galway before 7am from Ballybrit?

Options
  • 24-01-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I'm starting a new job on Saturday but I only realised today I have a serious problem. I live in Ballybrit and the job is in Galway city. The first bus eireann bus doesnt leave until 7 which means I wouldn't be able to get to town until around 7.15 or 7.20. Any suggestions on how I could get there? At the minute I can't afford a taxi, I don't have a bike and it would take far too long to walk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Rachael12 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm starting a new job on Saturday but I only realised today I have a serious problem. I live in Ballybrit and the job is in Galway city. The first bus eireann bus doesnt leave until 7 which means I wouldn't be able to get to town until around 7.15 or 7.20. Any suggestions on how I could get there? At the minute I can't afford a taxi, I don't have a bike and it would take far too long to walk.

You dont have any other option other than getting a lift or walking (45min) or cycling (15min). Presume you are going from Lower Ballybrit to Eyre Square with regard those time estimations. Cycling is a good option as there is very little traffic at that hour of the morning on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What time do the airport buses start running? I've a vague recollection of being on one that stopped on the Dublin road opposite GMIT but that may have only dropped people off rather than done any pick ups plus it's probably quite a distance on foot to there from Ballybrit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

45mins isnt overkill for a walk I dont think, if you're capable of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

It's not that long of a walk realy
    And it's nice to walk to and from work, clears the head for a stressful day

You should get a bike with your first wage

• Registered Users Posts: 25,839 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Malice wrote: »
    What time do the airport buses start running? I've a vague recollection of being on one that stopped on the Dublin road opposite GMIT but that may have only dropped people off rather than done any pick ups plus it's probably quite a distance on foot to there from Ballybrit.

What airport? :D

If you mean the ones from Dublin, you're right, they don't pick up on Dublin Rd.

OP, a hackney should cost you about E8-10. If you can't afford that, you're gonna be getting fit. Maybe after you've been there for a while, you might be able to negotiate a 7:15am start.

• Advertisement
Advertisement