Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva Stadium Seating Plan??

Options
  • 24-01-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I've got a fwe tickets to the rugby and wanted to know which seats are better.
    I can have West Lower Block 122 Row H Seat 1 or Seat 27......does anybody know which way the seat numbers go?......I'm assuming they start from the left and I would be better with Seat 27 but don't want to be kicking myself when I get there if I make the wrong decision.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

A is front. There is no row 'i'.
    After Z, rows go further AA, BB, CC etc

You are 8 rows from front in SW corner if in section x22.
    A map can be found on Tickets page in www.IrishRugby.ie.

And they go left to right but a section may finish right beside where the next starts, all in same row.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hectic1308

That's great thanks......I had looked at the maps on ticketmaster and the aviva website but what i wanted to know was if the numbers went from left to right. So I'll probably be better off with Seat 27 at that rate.

hectic1308 wrote: »
    That's great thanks......I had looked at the maps on ticketmaster and the aviva website but what i wanted to know was if the numbers went from left to right. So I'll probably be better off with Seat 27 at that rate.
    If you email ticketqueries@irishrugby.ie, the Ticketing dept will help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I've sat in most of the bad seats in the Aviva because I'm a poor, jobless graduate and I had a great view regardless of where I sat. They really got the seating perfect there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

hectic1308 wrote: »

It's going to make feck all difference

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Love this site as its a great idea.
    Looks a little quiet though. Are they still going?
    Just uploaded a view myself from where I usually sit when I get the chance at a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

OP the thing to remember and its highlighted perfectly in the above site is that even though it says west stand and you pay a west stand price you will actually be looking north (or south as the case may be).

Personally its disappointing to get west or east stand tickects and find that you are effectively behind the goalposts.

Shelflife wrote: »
    OP the thing to remember and its highlighted perfectly in the above site is that even though it says west stand and you pay a west stand price you will actually be looking north (or south as the case may be).

Personally its disappointing to get west or east stand tickects and find that you are effectively behind the goalposts.

Section 122 is not behind the goalposts.
    It is in line with an area on the 22m side of the 5m line.

If everyone got the seat they wanted, the stands would be eight miles high and one metre across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

My bad looking at the wrong picture, but i have had east stand and west stand tickets the past that were in all but name south stand , yet we are charged for the supposedly better view.

If everyone got the seat they wanted, the stands would be eight miles high and one metre across.

True but if they were priced more realistically based on the view you had it would be fairer too . ie you have cat 1 tickets on the half way line and cat 1 tickes for the same price behind the goals.

i know which one id prefer !

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Have a choice between West Stand Section 525 Restricted tickets, and West Stand Section 527 Unrestricted....obviously the unrestricted ones are more expensive, but would there be much of a difference?

going on this http://www.avivastadium.ie/documents/AvivaMap.pdf

plan there's a press section below the 525 seats....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Have a choice between West Stand Section 525 Restricted tickets, and West Stand Section 527 Unrestricted....obviously the unrestricted ones are more expensive, but would there be much of a difference?

going on this http://www.avivastadium.ie/documents/AvivaMap.pdf

plan there's a press section below the 525 seats....

Do you mean restricted view tickets?

The restricted view tickets just mean that you will have a bad view or wont be able to see the screens or follow any high-balls in rugby. (the roof gets in the way).

You should have no problem seeing everything that goes on on the pitch though! 525 is bang in the middle of the West Stand 527 nearer the North end.

I would go for the one that has the closest seats to the front (row A). the only downside might be the schools that tend to be sent up there!

Just to add that is a very bad plan on their website.. going by my handbook..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clemk1001

I have the option of 2 tickets in 103 row M or 503 row E.
    As this will be my first visit to the Aviva I'm unsure which seats would be best.
    Level 1 appears to be rather flat and I am leaning towards the level 5, but these are cheaper which makes me think they are not as good as level 1.
    Any advise would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

clemk1001 wrote: »
    I have the option of 2 tickets in 103 row M or 503 row E.
    As this will be my first visit to the Aviva I'm unsure which seats would be best.
    Level 1 appears to be rather flat and I am leaning towards the level 5, but these are cheaper which makes me think they are not as good as level 1.
    Any advise would be appreciated.

Seats are quite flat on the lower level but M should be far enough back to be ok. I would still go with level 5, you'll have a better view of the far end of the pitch.

Advertisement