Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18th party Venue in Limerick

Options
  • 24-01-2012 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello everyone,

Does anybody know of a venue in Limerick centre for an 18th birthday party.

Needs to be a public bar so that i'm not buying all the drinks.

We were looking at Scotts bar but it looks like they are going to stop doing 18th's

Any help would be greatly appreciated as we only have about 4 weeks to find somewhere and it needs to be within walking distance of the city centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Moved from Gift & Festivities to Limerick forum

Should get better specific information for the area in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

You could try The Loft - right beside the Locke Bar - bang in the middle of the city!

http://www.lockebar.com/index.php?page=6

Was in there lately for a big party. Private, dance floor, party and plenty of seating.

Oh and a public bar!

PS Happy 18th! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Was at one in punches recently. Other then that highway/russles other then that.. pubcrawl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

Kilmurry Lodge, Castletroy
    Sorry, I know it's not city centre but they're well used to holding 18ths out there. Maybe worth considering

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I posted this on another forum last week for a lad organising his 21st:
    Starting with your local GAA/Rugby club, if they have a bar, can make things handy. Otherwise:

The Ardhu would be a very good spot for a party. They have their own DJ for parties, a large heated smoking area and 2 bars, and I think they put on finger food. It's only a ten/fifteen minute walk from the middle of town, or a cheap taxi fair.

The Bailey (formerly Mojos) has always tried to cater for a slightly older crowd, so I'm not surprised they wouldn't help ye there. Similarly, Bentley's further up O'Connell Street, and Aubars on Thomas Street. They're expensive bars too.

Smyth's bouncers can be contrary about age/ID. Even if you and your friends are well over 18, chances are they'd refuse someone entry and ruin the buzz for everyone else. That said, if you contacted them in advance, booked it and put together some kind of guest-list, you'd probably all have a very good night there. I don't like the place (it's too big and loud for my tastes) but they do get some quality covers bands in.

Upstairs in The Locke could be an option. Again, some of their prices can be high, but they have the greatest range of quality beers, stouts and ciders of any pub in Limerick.

A few of my friends in college had 21sts in Clohessy's over the last few years. Great finger food, decent DJ, average prices/average pints. Probably your safest bet.

Others who might be worth asking: Flannery's at the top of Denmark Street; Foxy John's on Bedford Row; O'Connell's (the favourite bar of everyone on the Limerick Forum ;), formerly known as The Olde Quarter); Russell's on the Father Russell Road (my brother had his 21st there in 2010. Good food, band and DJ, very good deal on the booking price).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

the spotted dog, Janesboro

• Registered Users Posts: 9 california356

Thanks for all the suggestions peoples - i'll start ringing around.........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Im sure O connells/Old Quarter would cut ya a boards deal cause it gets plugged here a fair bit
    They own Scotts also i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Aye they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Alot of places don't want to host 18th birthday parties as they know that there is a high possibility that there will be 15/16/17 year old guests invited, they get refused entry at the door, asked for id at the bar or get an adult to order them drink. These places don't want to risk loosing their licence so just don't want the hassle.

I'd say your best bet is a GAA club hall or similar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement