Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone insured with Tesco?

Options
  • 24-01-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hoi,

I've been calling around getting quotes.

* 123.ie won't insure if you're under 30, and you need at least 1 year experience
    * Quinn quotes me for €1719 (3rd party)
    * Axa.ie quotes me for €1635 (3rd party)
    * Aviva.ie quotes me for €1755 (3rd party)
    * Allianz.ie won't quote (1 year experience needed)
    * Tesco bank €1258 (3rd party) or "comprehensive value" €1332 <- !!
    * Nononsense.ie needs 3 years no-claim
    * FirstIreland.ie €1639 (3rd party)

So my question is, since Tesco is so much cheaper than the others, are they so bad, any gotchas? Do you guys know someone who uses them?
    Info: http://www.tesco.ie/finance/carinsurance/ourpolicies.html

Cheers,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

What have you bought??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Fbd.ie? Go into your broker as being over 25 there's a few more company's that will quote you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

No way to know if the quotes are good or bad without knowing your

Licence or permit
    Car type and engine size

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

These cheap quotes can be like Ryan Air cheap website flight prices. By the time you add in all the additional costs they are not as cheap as they initially appear to be.

Make sure you compare what is covered under everyone of those quotes. A "cheap" quote can have benefits such as NCB proction, breakdown assistance, low excess and windscreen cover removed to make them look like good value.

When I got a quote from tesco it was cheap but when I added on my existing benefits to the policy it actually worked out more expensive than my renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

windscreen cover is an absolute must.

a cracked or damaged windscreen can happen from a flying stone, and its something you have no control over.

Windscreens can be expensive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

I ended up going with tesco for my last renewal, same story as you i got some rediculas quotes from 123 and the likes. Very happy with the price and the policy and saved over 300 quid from my renewal quote

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

Max Power1 wrote: »
    No way to know if the quotes are good or bad without knowing your

Licence or permit
    Car type and engine size

Duh, sorry.
    NCB: none
    Full EU license
    Opel Astra 1.4, -98

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

well throw my hat in the ring i have a 2l nissan primera. i am a 26yo female provisional licence with 5+ years ncb on the mothers policy. i got insured with rsa for 52and change per month.

Advertisement