Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo Automatic Gearbox

Options
  • 24-01-2012 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello
    I have a Volvo V70 D5 with 135k miles. I own the car from new and it has been well looked after. Recently, the clutch seems to slip when the car is changing gear. If I accelerate gently, it doesnt happen but if I press on the accelerator, it slips and engine revs up to the top and then, kicks into gear. Has anyone any experience of this happening in a V70? Can you recommend a relatively inexpensive solution and good mechanic other than main dealer in the Limerick region?
    Thank you. RK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Has it ever had its transmission fluid and filter changed? If not, i'd start there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭mmarks

I would agree with the previous thread, first check would be the transmission fluid and filter. If the fluid is low in the auto gearbox then it will feel as if a clutch is slipping (rev up without the power being delivered to the wheels)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RonaldK

Thank you very much - will try that.

Advertisement