Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goodfellas Takeaway €1 off

Options
  • 24-01-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭

3 x Goodfellas Takeaway €1 voucher attached
    Valid to 30 04 12
    Says redeemable at Supervalu/Centra but I can confirm it scans at Tesco.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

Big Night In is back in-store from tomorrow. For only €15 get yourself a top DVD, 2 goodfellas pizzas, Vienetta ice-cream AND either a 6 pack of selected beer or a 4 pack of coke To go with coupon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 callin12

proulx wrote: »
    Big Night In is back in-store from tomorrow. For only €15 get yourself a top DVD, 2 goodfellas pizzas, Vienetta ice-cream AND either a 6 pack of selected beer or a 4 pack of coke To go with coupon

Proulx - What store is the "BIG NIGHT IN" promotion starting in tomorrow?
    Do you think they will allow you to use 2 x goodfellas coupon in conjunction with that promotion. ..mmm. :)

oops Tesco, I would say try 2, sure you are buying 2

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

anyone had any trouble using these in Centra? I plan on getting LOADS of pizzas with this coupon this week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

my centra has ordered extra just for me!!!

• Advertisement

Went to a Centra in the Galway City today.... not sure the name of the road it was on, but it was next door to a Supermacs/Papa Johns/Quiznos, and anyway the goodfellas Think Crust Pizzas weren't even on sale as their ad says they are... I asked to speak to a manager and a very rude man that worked their told me they don't have managers on duty after 6, then I told him it was only 5 so I would like to speak to a manager and he just flat out said no. So I just let all 14 pizzas on the counter. Won't be going there again!

AFAIK the offer on the pizzas starts 30/01 -04/12.

They are €1.69 then

have the leaflet here in front of me, offer is starting on the 30th January

• Registered Users Posts: 14,411 ✭✭✭✭cson

Went to a Centra in the Galway City today.... not sure the name of the road it was on, but it was next door to a Supermacs/Papa Johns/Quiznos, and anyway the goodfellas Think Crust Pizzas weren't even on sale as their ad says they are... I asked to speak to a manager and a very rude man that worked their told me they don't have managers on duty after 6, then I told him it was only 5 so I would like to speak to a manager and he just flat out said no. So I just let all 14 pizzas on the counter. Won't be going there again!

14 Pizzas is taking the piss to be fair.

Ahhh thanks guys! Feel a bit foolish now.... but all the same the clerk was really rude anyway :-)

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    14 Pizzas is taking the piss to be fair.

Really, You should tell that to the people that buy 30 of them! Why should I not be able to buy as many as I like when there is a deal on? Isn't that why the put them on sale, so you try something new, or stock up on them and then buy more when they aren't on sale? You do realize it costs Goodfellas like .10 cents each pizza right? No ones loosing money. Irish manufactures should be ashamed at the price of groceries. When you look at prices in other countries, we are being robbed here!! I don't think its taking the piss at all. You'd be silly not to take advantage of such a good deal.... ESPECIALLY in a recession!

my local centra wanted to know how many CASES of pizza they should order for me, they will do what it takes to get me to spend my money in their store

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Quick question. In the T&C's it states 'not valid with any other promotional offer' so is a pizza on a reduced price already not a promotional offer?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

my centra has ordered extra just for me!!!
    I love this :D
    erkifino wrote: »
    Quick question. In the T&C's it states 'not valid with any other promotional offer' so is a pizza on a reduced price already not a promotional offer?
    Cheers
    Usually manufacturer coupon and retailer offer can go together.

Also...I am so glad we got a whole forum for us, yay! :cool:

Went to the Centra in Athenry today, Goodfellas Pizzas on sale for 1.69, had the 1 off voucher, bought 12 pizzas for 8.20. BUT they gave me loads of trouble over it. The casher had to go ask a million people and each time came back to me telling me now because they were already on sale and that makes it using two offers. I told her NO it doesn't, I had already used the coupon at SV when they were on sale and know several people here on the forum using these at Centra's... So the manager let me use it but then asked em to write down where I got my coupling info.... weird, but I did it, so maybe they will be posting here soon LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ladycam

I gave my mother in law some to use and she rang to tell me that the Centra in Glasnevin had loads. So off I went yesterday and they wouldnt let me use the coupons! Eventhough she had used them the night before:mad:
    The other Centras close to me, have no stock left!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

The coupon states that it is for the Goodfellas "takeaway" range of pizzas and no other item.
    Went to the Centra in Athenry today, Goodfellas Pizzas on sale for 1.69, had the 1 off voucher, bought 12 pizzas for 8.20. BUT they gave me loads of trouble over it. The casher had to go ask a million people and each time came back to me telling me now because they were already on sale and that makes it using two offers. I told her NO it doesn't, I had already used the coupon at SV when they were on sale and know several people here on the forum using these at Centra's... So the manager let me use it but then asked em to write down where I got my coupling info.... weird, but I did it, so maybe they will be posting here soon LOL.

Just because 1 centra/supervalu store accepts them does not mean that all have to. The coupon states its not valid with any other promotional offer - so the store owner/mgr would absolutely be within their rights to refuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

donnacha is right,

The coupon states that it is for the Goodfellas "takeaway" range of pizzas and no other item.

You're chancing your arm if you are trying to get another pizza in the range... hence why the cashier had to check with their manager... and hence why all the hassle.

There are two centra stores near me... one accepts any coupon i have ever handed over the counter... the other one refuses point blank to accept any coupon... including centras own coupons from their FB page.

Read the T&Cs on the coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Frowzy

The Goodfellas Thin base pizza's are on offer in Tesco at the moment for 1.69 each. I asked the cashier if I could use the coupon against them, she said if it scans she will take it. 15 pizzas at 69c each added to the stockpile :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Helium

Frowzy wrote: »
    The Goodfellas Thin base pizza's are on offer in Tesco at the moment for 1.69 each. I asked the cashier if I could use the coupon against them, she said if it scans she will take it. 15 pizzas at 69c each added to the stockpile :-)

Fair play to ya!!

Was looking at takeaway ones weekend but still expensive with coupon.

• Advertisement

Frowzy wrote: »

I was going to share that info about a week ago, but people were being so crazy, I decided against it lol. Glad someone had the courage to share lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭sassa

Goodfellas takeaway pizzas on offer in supervalu for €2.49

http://supervalu.ie/offers/all-offers/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Beetle bug

pizzas down to 2.49 in tescos so 1.49 with voucher

Advertisement