Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying in Australia (Income support BTEA?

Options
  • 24-01-2012 4:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi all,

Starting uni in Adelaide, Australia in June.Just wondering am I eligible to claim btea or perhaps a grant while I study to help support me while I study?

Have been on jobseekers allowance quite a while now. I'm 22 years old. Flight is in May.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

As far as I know, they only cover studying in Ireland. Check out citizensinformation.ie.

It's highly unlikely the Irish government will contribute anything towards your education abroad. You should look into scholarships to see if you qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 slick7

just a quick note about Adelaide - if you see at lot of churches in the area a lot of them will actually be nightclubs :) Adelaide is a bit weird like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cj2007

I looked into to studying in Oz but it was quite expensive... do you mind me asking around how much you will have to pay a year? I want to do a masters but would like to leave Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

cj2007 wrote: »
    I looked into to studying in Oz but it was quite expensive... do you mind me asking around how much you will have to pay a year? I want to do a masters but would like to leave Ireland!

Probably a bit late now but don't even consider doing a Masters outside the EU unless you want to bankrupt yourself. Getting funding as an international student is nigh on impossible in the US/Canada/Australia and New Zealand. A PhD is different (usually comes with funding) but a Masters will be entirely up to you (you can be looking at 15,000 a year in fees alone).

Advertisement