Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to upgrade to a level 8 Hons Degree ASAP-Options with Open?

Options
  • 24-01-2012 3:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I have a Diploma/Ordinary Degree in Analytical Chemistry with Quality Management which I received from the Institute of Technology Carlow back in 2003, there are many post graduate courses in other fields that I have been interested in but I havent been able to do them because I dont have an Honours Degree.

To get my Honours Degree I have 2 options

1. Go back to college for 1 years full time study

2.Stay in work and study parttime for 2 years

I was wondering if there is any possibility of having the best of both worlds where I would be able to complete my honours degree and also stay work but be able to do it within 1 year.

It doesn't necessarily have to be in chemistry although I do have an interest in Environmental Science

I would apreciate some advice regarding my options

Here is an overview of the course/subjects I studied for my 3 year diploma

YEAR 1

Cell biology
    Chemistry
    Laboratory Science
    Physical Science
    Quantitative Methods
    Environmental and Forensic Science
    Communications and Team Work

YEAR 2

Chemistry 2
    Analytical Chemistry
    Quantitative Methods and Quality
    Biocomputing and Instrumentation
    Industrial Applications-
    Pharmaceutical/environmental

YEAR 3

Sampling and Separation Science
    Spectrochemical Methods
    Analytical Applications
    Instrumentation
    Chemometrics and computing
    Statistics and Experimental Design
    Literature Project and Communications

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Allymo

I am on a similar boat, graduated 2003 with just a BSc Environmental Science. I was simply refused the option of doing a dissertation (because I never went to dissertation class) hence the pass. So I always assumed I just needed to do a dissertation. Have you tried the Open University? Otherwise if you have the work experience linked to the postgraduate course you want to do, they might look on your application favourably. Especially if you can be classified as a mature student.

Advertisement