Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpentry Rates?

Options
  • 24-01-2012 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I'm looking and hoping to get in a good carpenter to to do some work in my house, but first i was hoping to get an idea from you guys as to what i might be expected to pay, and what a good rate would be at the moment for these types of work,

Its a new build and i will be supplying all materials, so its just labor ill be looking for.

First i have, 150square yards Oak timber floor, 15mm laminate.

400 ft of skirting, 6" high, Oak or if that's too expensive ill be going with the normal reddeal 6"

9 doors to hang, including making and fitting the frames, (4 of the frames are to be fixed to block and 5 to be fixed to wooden partitions)

2 sets of double doors, including making and fitting the frames, (both to be fixed to block)

Handles, locks and architrave to be fitted to each door,

Also, Normally how long should each of these 3 jobs take? Floors,Skirting,Doors.

I'm hoping to get a few guys in to price this for me but i just want to have some idea as to how much I'm likely to be spending and how long the whole thing should take. I'm in the Kerry/Limerick area.

Thank You for any advise you are able to give.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

Just a suggestion but i wouldn't cheap out on the carpenter on this work as the finish will need to be to a high standard, ask for references and check up on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Just a suggestion but i wouldn't cheap out on the carpenter on this work as the finish will need to be to a high standard, ask for references and check up on them.
    Get three quotes, go with the one you are most comfortable with, not necessarily the cheapest.

Advertisement