Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricing on Carpentry work.

Options
  • 24-01-2012 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, I'm looking and hoping to get in a good carpenter to to do some work in my house, but first i was hoping to get an idea from you guys as to what i might be expected to pay, and what a good rate would be at the moment for these types of work,

Its a new build and i will be supplying all materials, so its just labor ill be looking for.

First i have, 150square yards Oak timber floor, 15mm laminate.

400 ft of skirting, 6" high, Oak or if that's too expensive ill be going with the normal reddeal 6"

9 doors to hang, including making and fitting the frames, (4 of the frames are to be fixed to block and 5 to be fixed to wooden partitions)

2 sets of double doors, including making and fitting the frames, (both to be fixed to block)

Handles, locks and architrave to be fitted to each door,

Also, Normally how long should each of these 3 jobs take? Floors,Skirting,Doors.

I'm hoping to get a few guys in to price this for me but i just want to have some idea as to how much I'm likely to be spending and how long the whole thing should take. I'm in the Kerry/Limerick area.

Thank You for any advise you are able to give.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 SBA

Approx labour rates:

To fit only laminate flooring - € 13.40/m2
    To fit only skirting boards - € 4.50/m
    To fit only 900 x 2100 door incl. frame, architrave, door saddle & Ironmongery € 105/door
    To fit only double door unit incl. frame, architrave, door saddle & Ironmongery € 165/door unit (ie. both doors)

All rates are subject to VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

You will get the work done far cheaper than prices quoted above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 John567

SBA wrote: »
    Approx labour rates:

To fit only laminate flooring - € 13.40/m2

To fit only double door unit incl. frame, architrave, door saddle & Ironmongery € 165/door

All rates are subject to VAT

So to install 150square yards is gonna cost me about €1600

I didn't think it would be that expensive,

You say the double doors would be approx €165/door.

Is that €165 pet set of double doors or is it €165 X 4 doors?

Which would be €660 just for the 2 sets of double doors, How come they are so much more expensive?

Just trying to get my head around it all, thanks for all the advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 John567

john_cappa wrote: »
    You will get the work done far cheaper than prices quoted above.

What price range do you think i should be getting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 SBA

€ 165 per set of double doors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Laminate €7 to €8 / m2
    Skirting €2.00 to €2.50 per M
    Doors inc €70 to €80 per door/arch/ironmongery etc
    Double door €120 to €130

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to Prices/costs

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭SC024

John567 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking and hoping to get in a good carpenter to to do some work in my house, but first i was hoping to get an idea from you guys as to what i might be expected to pay, and what a good rate would be at the moment for these types of

work,

Its a new build and i will be supplying all materials, so its just labor ill be looking for.

First i have, 150square yards Oak timber floor, 15mm laminate.

400 ft of skirting, 6" high, Oak or if that's too expensive ill be going with the normal reddeal 6" € 3.50 per Linear Metre

9 doors to hang, including making and fitting the frames, (4 of the frames are to be fixed to block and 5 to be fixed to wooden partitions)

Single door & frame €80 each

2 sets of double doors, including making and fitting the frames, (both to be fixed to block)

Dbl Doors, €120.00 - incl frame & both doors

Architave €3.00 per Linear Metre

Handles, Locks - Incl in rate for doors

Handles, locks and architrave to be fitted to each door,

Also, Normally how long should each of these 3 jobs take? Floors,Skirting,Doors.

Flooring - Wouldn't know what the going rate is at the moment as its a while since I've done hardwood flooring & charged for it. - Long story.

I'm hoping to get a few guys in to price this for me but i just want to have some idea as to how much I'm likely to be spending and how long the whole thing should take. I'm in the Kerry/Limerick area.

Thank You for any advise you are able to give.

sc024

• Registered Users Posts: 11 brownie25

2500 would be a fair price.the whole job should take about two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

2500 after tax for two weeks work! Nice if you can get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 brownie25

2500 is before i pay a cent tax and then i have to pay the lad that works for me plus diesel ,road tax, the cost of my tools, so when you break it down i could prob earn more working i McDonalds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭tfromkerry

Doors €45 per door/handle/locks

frames €25 +arch

Laminate flooring €8 psy

Skirting €2 m2

would take 9/10 days

Advertisement