Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Help

Options
  • 23-01-2012 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just a few questions RE the CAO system. Forgive me if this has been discussed to death, However, I'm fairly confused as the information I have received is conflicting in nature.

I'm applying as a FETAC applicant using the online facility,

In the assessment and qualifications section do I need to include the PLC College I attended and secondary school or is it just the PLC college as I am baffled as to why they need to know which second level school I attended as I am a FETAC applicant and therefore not using my leaving results.

Secondly, Do I need to send a hard copy of my FETAC results to the CAO or will they access my results via my PPS number which is again provided in the assessment and qualifications section?

Lastly, My top two choices are international relations in DCU which requires no specific award but five distinctions and business in NCI again no specific award just three distinctions. I graduated with ten distinctions so am I right to assume that I may be in with a decent chance of being accepted to these courses? I am aware I will be assessed on eight of the modules.

Any light shed on the subject will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers 47.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

47 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just a few questions RE the CAO system. Forgive me if this has been discussed to death, However, I'm fairly confused as the information I have received is conflicting in nature.

I'm applying as a FETAC applicant using the online facility,

In the assessment and qualifications section do I need to include the PLC College I attended and secondary school or is it just the PLC college as I am baffled as to why they need to know which second level school I attended as I am a FETAC applicant and therefore not using my leaving results.

Secondly, Do I need to send a hard copy of my FETAC results to the CAO or will they access my results via my PPS number which is again provided in the assessment and qualifications section?

Lastly, My top two choices are international relations in DCU which requires no specific award but five distinctions and business in NCI again no specific award just three distinctions. I graduated with ten distinctions so am I right to assume that I may be in with a decent chance of being accepted to these courses? I am aware I will be assessed on eight of the modules.

Any light shed on the subject will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers 47.
    First of all; yes, you tick all the boxes that apply to you, presumably these being the leaving cert and your FETAC certificate. Both will be accounted for separately when determining how you got on in the application, meaning that both will be considered, but they to not add to each others points, or anything like that.

The CAO check your FETAC results via you PPSN, so there's no need to worry about senting them a copy of the statement of results. And if, as you said, you got all distinctions then you really shouldn't have a problem getting these courses, I can't guarantee that you will definitely get them, as there is a limit on how many FETAC students (typically 5) that can register for specific courses, and if it's a popular course there may be a few other students with similar results to that, in which case there's a bit of a lottery to who gets their places, but that rarely happens.

Good luck in your application, 47!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭47

Cheers for that Nailz :) Forgot to mention do I include my plc colleges address on the application or is that not considered second level.

Advertisement