Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game: The Eternity Clock (new trailer)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Out in time for my birthday. :P

I will have to know a bit more before I buy but from the looks good enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A platform game? Bit unimaginative that :( I'm guessing a bit of co-op too with one person controlling the Doctor, the other River Song.

To me, a good Doctor Who game would be something like Mass Effect 1: epic, galaxy-roaming plot with a relatively open-world to explore at your pace; a wide cast of eccentric characters; lots of dialogue trees to bring out the witty Doc banter... naturally there wouldn't be as much shooting, so maybe the levels would be like Portal (2); defeating enemies and puzzles / situations with your sonic screwdriver.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It's a downloader isn't it?

There have been some decent platformers recently, Braid for example. That's not saying that this one will be a shining example of the genre though.

I agree that puzzles would be good, and I get the feeling that there's going to be a lot of the same dialogue repeated to remind the player what they're supposed to be doing.

And... so much boob, holy cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

i like how principle behind the silence seems to be same as that of the boos in the super mario games, don't turn around. hardly innovative, but anyone buying this game'll just want it to be decent, and dr.who-y. it seems to be on track. reminds me to pick up that sonic wiimote. not the game, obviously, just the wiimote, it looks brilliant. i doubt there's much greater joys to be had than playing house of the dead 2 with a sonic screwdriver.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah but will it be as good as Dalek Attack? ;)

• Advertisement

Another trailer has come out, showing a bit more detail of the gameplay; seems to be a 2-player co-op focused game, possibly mixed with a few puzzles?

Seeing that there are puzzles has definitely increased the chances of me getting this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

In case this has been forgotten, the new release date has been confirmed for this Wednesday

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/s7/doctor-who/news/a381535/doctor-who-the-eternity-clock-release-date-announced-for-next-week.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

What the? PS3 exclusive? Booo-urns. =(

• Advertisement

Thought it was coming out on the PC as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Oh, so it is. Got confused by the "only on ps3" boxtag. Not too bad then, though I'd have preferred to play it on console.

Uhhh, if this is anything to go by, it's not worth the money, and then some :(

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-28-doctor-who-the-eternity-clock-review

Yeah, from what I've seen of it, it looks rubbish. I shan't be splashing the cash.

Not to mention the ridiculous price of €18, and the fact it's riddled with bugs despite the delay to supposedly iron them out. A shame, really. Will wait until a patch and maybe until it's in a sale before I get it; splashed my cash on I Am Alive which was on sale instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gonna buy it when its on vita.

Bump! Ok, it didn't get the best reviews when it came out, but The Eternity Clock has finally appeared on PC - you can get it for only 9quid on Steam here:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/217080/

Tempted, though might dig out some trusted reviews first to see just how "bad" it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I was so very excited about this game when it was announced and so disappointed when gameplay was released. What I'd give for an epic Doctor Who game.

Still not sure if it's worth even €9 though, may hold off in hope that it'll be on one of the steam sales.

Advertisement