Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn - Claim under old policy having moved jobs ?

Options
  • 23-01-2012 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi there

I was covered with Quinn Healthcare for 2011 under my old company
    policy. However in the past week I have changed to a new company and I am now covered under a new policy with Quinn Healthcare.

Can I still make a claim for expenses occurred in 2011 against the old policy?

Also if I 'can' make a claim on the old policy for 2011, do I need to wait until I hear back from Quinn before I can put in a claim for tax back on the expenses with the revenue ?

Thanks for the advice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CCFROM

Hi There

THere is no problem claiming under your old policy, QHC unlike the other two insurers do not at present have a time limit for claiming. In relation to claiming tax relief you are obliged to advise revenue how much of a refund you get from your health insurer. In relation to your current policy you are eligible to claim at your renewal, so if your policy is up in june, send in the receipts in June.

Hope this helps

Advertisement