Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badminton, what division are you?

Options
  • 23-01-2012 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

So under what division do you play?
    I took badminton up seriously around 1 and a half years ago with proper and proffesional training(once a week with Will Oneil), I have had quite a rapid success this year and still going up, right now I would say I am around 7-6(on a scale of 10-1). my goal is to reach 2-4 in 2 years time. working 6 days a week :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

hiya,
    I play division 2. Have since last season, slowly been creeping up the divisions over the years. I am on the stronger side of Div 2, but not sure if I will ever make div 1 tbh, without just being a punching bag. Its a very large leap. When you say you are working 6 days a week, do you mean you are training 6 days a week?

Good luck with your progress up the divs

• Registered Users Posts: 33 matthewpov

bellylint wrote: »
    hiya,
    I play division 2. Have since last season, slowly been creeping up the divisions over the years. I am on the stronger side of Div 2, but not sure if I will ever make div 1 tbh, without just being a punching bag. Its a very large leap. When you say you are working 6 days a week, do you mean you are training 6 days a week?

Good luck with your progress up the divs
    Yes I train 6 times aweek , and I think there is only 1 person who is ranked 1, and that person is scott evans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

matthewpov wrote: »
    Yes I train 6 times aweek , and I think there is only 1 person who is ranked 1, and that person is scott evans.
    If you play league in Dublin then surely you know exact division as opposed to approx? Think there are around 4 mens teams in 1 this year and I'd guess similar in mixed and ladies.

Playing 3 myself this year and we're doing well enough so would love a go at 2 next year if things keep going that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 matthewpov

g0g wrote: »
    If you play league in Dublin then surely you know exact division as opposed to approx? Think there are around 4 mens teams in 1 this year and I'd guess similar in mixed and ladies.

Playing 3 myself this year and we're doing well enough so would love a go at 2 next year if things keep going that way.
    I am not from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

div 5 in wexford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

div 10....just a beginner!

Where do you play amklo? I am in Dublin myself

I play in Rocommon league.
    Just took up badminton in September. Hoping to play somewhere in Dublin during the week soon; i'd intended doing the beginner lessons in Terenure but the dates don't suit me for the next course...might try and play somewhere more casually and do the lessons during the next course

Thanks but working in South Co Dub so Terenure would be handiest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I'm playing divison 10 in Dublin myself actually if anyone is up for a knock around at the weekends in Terenure.
    Edit: I only started playing last August.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 tamoor2

i am in dive 4 in dublin1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

singles - Serie D, Mixed and Mens Doubles: Serie C. Playing in Italy though so not sure where that would rank me in Ireland :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭tipper1

Div 2 in Tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Div 5 in Cork, Been a good year so til be div 4 next year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

5 in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

The "divisions" system is different between dublin and elsewhere in ireland.

in dublin they play Divisions from 1 down to 10.
    elsewhere they play as Grades from 1 to 7

i think this is how they are stacked against eachother:
    division 10 = Grade 7

division 9 = Grade 6

division 7+8= Grade 5

division 5+6= Grade 4

division 4= Grade 3

division 3 = Grade 2

division 2 = Grade 1

the Dublin division 1 is considered too strong for the rest of the country. (i think, thats my opinion and is not an official guide)

(based on information gleamed from this leinster tournament http://sites.google.com/site/leinstercac/inter-league-competition )

Personally im playing division 9 in dublin and grade 5 in the south west leinster badminton league, its a bit of a mismatch, but we're a new club so we have to play our way up through the divisions/grades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jamesjack

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what 'grade F' badminton in galway would be in Dublin?? Galway is done in letters and Dublin is in numbers!!! I keep getting directed to Facebook to find out but I'm not on Facebook...

Cheers

Advertisement