Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hiv

Options
  • 23-01-2012 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

three years ago i had sex with an african man unprotected, he said he was safe. very stupid i know!! 3 months after i got very sick doctor said it was just a virus. symtoms were vomitting heavy cold gland swelled up for a few hours. i have now got a blood test done as i am pregnant and am awaiting the results. can anyone please tell me is it likely i am hiv positive

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Did yr GP not offer you a HIV test back 3 yrs agowhen you said you were sick with a virus?
    Of course no one can tell you if you have HIV or not , only yr dr. can with the results of the test. If you were worried about having HIV after sleeping with this 'african man' (what race / nationality has to do with I do not know...) why still having unprotected sex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I think you need to go back to that doctor and have a good honest chat with them. Its quite possible they have done that test already and know the answer, but if they have not, get it done now.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

op, we can't answer this question for you.

there's a sticky in the personal issues forum about std's that may give you some extra info

best wishes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement