Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser (Lasik) Surgery for the 3rd Time - Advice Please

Options
  • 22-01-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I would like to know if anyone out there has any opinions or thoughts on my situation.

I had Laser (Lasik) Surgery in May 2001 I was aged 21 at a top Dublin Clinic, I had a top up in May 2009, and lately Im finding it difficult to see again particuarly at night time so I went for another eye test to my horror I have regressed again and am advised to contact the clinic where I had my surgery. I attend the clinic and its confirmed that I have in actual fact regressed back to what I was in 2009 not 2001 and am only just passing the requirement for driving....:( The surgeon has advised me that he would like to see me back in 6 months time and he may leave me again for another 6-12 months to watch the regression of my eyesight, but that he will not leave me longer than 18 months and he will redo me for a third time but that this will be the last time he will do it. The only explanation that I have is that it is not uncommon and that I could be one of the unfortunate few whos eyes have not yet stablised, Im nearly 33 now and would like to know if anyone has been in this situation or has any advice shoud I seek a second opinion or wait the 6-18months and get redone and hope for the best????:confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I would think you are better to wait. As this will be the last time that you will be able to get the laser done the surgeon probably wants to make sure your vision has completely stabilised before the surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Well you might as well name the place??

Evidently it's different for everyone and it's a shame you're someone whose eyesight seems to have continued deteriorating in adulthood. Has the doctor explained why he won't do it again? Is it medical (i.e. You're running out of cornea) or does he just not want to?

Advertisement