Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE has the money, won't spend it.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

i got what i was entitled to,others should have done the same,i guess the underspending may just be people that have a card and didnt bother goin to the dentist?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mush500

That's not the entire problem unfortunately Cyberjuice. It's likely many who could avail of GMS treatment didn't. However of those that did, many require more than two fillings in saveable teeth and are unable to avail of this due to HSE restrictions on treatments. Madness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Many people went to the dentist with problem. The dentist said you could have this tooth saved but the HSE wont pay for it or you could have it extracted. The patient cannot afford private treatment so is forced into an extraction. Now it turns out the money was there.

Also the funny thing is that in the long term extractions will cost the HSE more in dentures and treatment of the associated problems of tooth loss. It makes no sense.

This notion of you can have 2 fillings makes no sense. If you went into the doctor with two gangrenous toes and they said they could only remove one savable but save the other would that be good enough?

Advertisement