Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP NEEDED!

Options
  • 22-01-2012 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am currently a third year history student at the University of Newcastle (studying history) and I am writing my undergraduate dissertation on Irish history- more specifically the Troubles and 'Bloody Sunday.'

As the events are relatively recent (in terms of history!) I have been over to Ireland a few times to conduct interviews, as I think oral history is a really useful tool for deepening my understanding of Irish history and will add a unique edge to my dissertation. I have been very pleased with the response I have received and how helpful all the people I have met have been with my project.

However, I am still searching for more willing volunteers to speak with me. The only thing these people require is an opinion about the Troubles and/or 'Bloody Sunday' and would be prepared to share this with me. I understand that the issue is sensitive and would take this into account; I am not trying to ignite a moral debate or stir up age old issues, but instead to deepen my understanding of the period and really bring it to life in my dissertation.

If you would be willing to speak with me, please contact me at laura.armitage@hotmail.co.uk and I can provide more details. I would be VERY appreciative, as I am really keen to make this dissertation a piece of first class work and have a personal interest and passion for the period. As I am going to be working in the heritage sector, I feel that not only is it this a contribution to my degree but also a project for my future.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I hope to hear from you soon!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Home work threads are against forum charter.

Thread closed.

Moderator.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement