Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No experience: how easy is to land first junior role?

Options
  • 22-01-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

I currently work in Insurance and have f1 and f2 ACCA under my belt and i am thinking of taking the redundancy in work which would leave me with enough money to last 21 months on my current net wages!

Assuming i do f3-f6 in June and f7-f9 in december , and i try really hard to find a junior role , salary not important, willing to take contracts etc, should i be ok and finding some kind of job in the next year? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gabbytheking

I know affiliates of ACCA i.e. people who have passed all ACCA Professional level exams and have not recieved employment as a junior but depending on your prior experiance you may not have this problem. Personally I wouldn't give up something in Insurance to move into accountancy especially Practice! Keep at your exams and if you have trouble with doing the F levels part time while working you'll definately find the P levels extremely hard part time. I'd keep going and look for something in accounting internally and revisit it in a year. Grass isn't always greener!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

DRice wrote: »
    I currently work in Insurance and have f1 and f2 ACCA under my belt and i am thinking of taking the redundancy in work which would leave me with enough money to last 21 months on my current net wages!

Assuming i do f3-f6 in June and f7-f9 in december , and i try really hard to find a junior role , salary not important, willing to take contracts etc, should i be ok and finding some kind of job in the next year? :pac:

Its tricky as the above poster has said. 95% of people in your situation would probably take redundancy and I cant argue against 21 months wages into your hand.

I'm not sure practice would be the right approach from working in Insurance and doing ACCA.

If you apply yourself to finding a job (looking for a job is a job in itself), you should find something. You could easily take a jobbridge scheme in accounts and get in that way (although you need 3 months on jobseekers).

Advertisement