Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you cancel your CAO application and get your money back?

Options
  • 22-01-2012 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi,

I applied to the CAO as a mature student but am having some second thoughts, I'm working and it's going okay plus I've been in college before and dropped out, so I am wondering if I get my €40 back if I decided against going back by January 31st?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Don't think you can get you can get your money unfortunately. It says on page 15 of the handbook that application fees are non-refundable. You can email CAO re cancelling your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

Just sent an email a while ago to them, highly doubt I'll get my money back but worth finding out if I can. Only made it a day ago anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

Good news from my perspective. Cancelled the CAO application and got €30 of the €40. Better than nothing:) Although contacting the CAO is rather irritating. You can't reply to emails sent by them replying to your first message and then when try ring them you can't through either but another email where I stated my intentions got everything sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chilli2222

Can this be done if the course was Medicine? I am also having doubts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I would imagine it's too late now, the applications would already be at the colleges and the service you paid for has been provided. You could try but the above poster got his/her refund 4 months ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

As IPAM says its probably too late as they would have processed your application by now and effectively received the service that you paid them for. But email them and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sinothando13

Can I cancel my cao application and re apply if I have made some mistakes

Advertisement