Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to rest Sky+ HD box for use without subscription

Options
  • 22-01-2012 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

We've had to get rid of our Sky Subsciption. Does anyone know how to reset the box so that the free channels are available easily ie BBC1 is on 101, BBC2 is on 102, ITV etc., The tech guy did it on our old sky box which we still use in another room and it's great. Can anyone help. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Unfortunately, with the advent of a sky software update a good while back, on many SKY+HD boxes, their EPG are geo-locked to ROI even after removing the card/cancelling your sub.

Your only option there, is to source a uk FTV card from somewheres. With that, you should get your BBC1 is on 101, BBC2 is on 102, ITV etc. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Xanadu67

Thks for that bit of info. Do you know if you can do it on the old type sky box my Dad has one but no subscription since we all moved out. I'ld like to be able to set him up as he only has an aerial.

norbert64 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, with the advent of a sky software update a good while back, on many SKY+HD boxes, their EPG are geo-locked to ROI even after removing the card/cancelling your sub.

Your only option there, is to source a uk FTV card from somewheres. With that, you should get your BBC1 is on 101, BBC2 is on 102, ITV etc. :cool:

Does anyone know where to get a UK FTV card?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Xanadu67 wrote: »
    Thks for that bit of info. Do you know if you can do it on the old type sky box my Dad has one but no subscription since we all moved out. I'ld like to be able to set him up as he only has an aerial.

An old type skybox will work ok without a card for uk fta.Take out card and plug box out & in again to reset it.

Set the channels he'll watch most eg. BBC's ITV's etc. as favourites so all he needs do is use the blue button and select to view them,thus skipping all the blocked channels.

zerks wrote: »
    An old type skybox will work ok without a card for uk fta.Take out card and plug box out & in again to reset it.

Set the channels he'll watch most eg. BBC's ITV's etc. as favourites so all he needs do is use the blue button and select to view them,thus skipping all the blocked channels.

Thanks for that I'll give it a try tmrw ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement