Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long-tailed Tit (was - Bird ID - please)

Options
  • 22-01-2012 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this little chap at the feeder this morning....it had a long tail, white breast with brownish tan at sides, black head with white stripe down the middle.

got some photos..but not great quality:o

birdx2.jpgbirdx1.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Long tailed tit by the looks of it. Usually come in bunches and can be good fun to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭cscook

I'd say long-tailed tit too, though I can't click on the photo to enlarge it. I'm reasonably familiar with seeing them along the canal and in the Botanic gardens, but when I saw one here yesterday, with first seeing just the white diamond/stripe on the head it threw me for a minute till it moved and I saw the long tail. There's a photo in the Photos I took recently sticky at the top of the forum, you could compare. At the time of posting this, it's the last photo in the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BuachaillCrann

defo a Long tailed tit!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

cscook wrote: »
    There's a photo in the Photos I took recently sticky at the top of the forum, you could compare. At the time of posting this, it's the last photo in the thread.

took a look at that photo and yep its them alright

never seen them in my garden before wonder why there here this year and not previous??

Advertisement