Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasmus

Options
  • 22-01-2012 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I'm in 1st year and definitely want to do an Erasmus in 3rd year but I read somewhere that if you fail an exam you can't do it. Does that mean you cant go on Erasmus even if you pass your August repeat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Nope. Well, not really. If you fail in first year and repeat and pass then you can go. If you fail in 2nd year and repeat and pass then you're grand. But if you fail the repeat then you can't go. I know in UCC that if you don't get the repeat results before you're due to go over then you go anyway, but if you fail you have to come back. I'm assuming it's something similar in NUIM but not entirely sure. Contact wendy in the international office and she'll have all the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Hey,

Say you were in second year, if you fail your exams, you can still go on erasmus. Of course you need to pass your repeats because you need to pass second year.

If you are looking at going international (outside europe) then you need to pass your exams FIRST TIME, becasue you wont have time for visa and all of that if you need to do repeats in august.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It used to be with a J1 you could take out 'Repeat Insurance', so if you failed an exam your flights were free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dubya123

Hey, im in same spot as the first poster. Going into third next year, and on erasmus hopefully. Have been given a spot and have accommodation set aside and all that (nothing paid yet though). But will have 2 or 3 repeats in august unfortunately. Annoyingly two of these have a repeat exam which ill probably have to do, but my erasmus colleges semester starts the first week in august :O which is very early.

So with repeats at the end of august how does it work? I assume I cant go on erasmus since ill miss the start of the semester if I dont go, and will miss the august repeats if I do. Its very annoying as my mates erasmus uni's dont start until early september like us here. The academic advisor told us a while back that they might have leeway in getting you up to a pass etc. or carrying modules but I assume that will be one at max?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I passed by compensation in second year and I was still accepted. Though I was in Canada, not sure if Europe is different.

With August repeats I assume you would be fine provided you pass the repeats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement