Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Enrichment Courses

Options
  • 22-01-2012 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭

I got an offer based on my Junior Cert maths result to attend enrichment courses in any of a number of listed universities. I got this a few months back, but kind of didn't pay much attention to it at the time.

Anyway, the first of the classes was today, but I was unable to attend. I'm not awfully keen on going if I'm honest and I told my mother I didn't intend to go, but my parents were kind of disappointed (my mother's a maths teacher, I shouldn't be surprised :rolleyes:).

I'm thinking I might go to the next one just to sample it, but I'm unsure what to expect. Has anyone ever been to these or something similar? I really amn't too interested in going, especially if it's intensive or whatever, and I don't intend to pursue maths as I'm more interested in languages and business subjects as a career path. Should I go or would I just be wasting my Saturdays for something I'm not too interested in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ClovisI

Don't go if you aren't interested in maths. It's challenging enough (especially if you're in TY).

That said it is really interesting for someone who genuinely likes maths (and not the rote-learning how to answer Junior Cert papers we all got last year).

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tradceol

Hey there
    I was at the course in UCD last week and loved it. Some bits of the lectures were hard to follow but in general I thought it was brilliant. I went with a few from my school ( but they are doing Ty) and I don't think they enjoyed it as much as I did. If you look up irmo.ie and click into the UCD section you arable to get on of the lectures from last week. If you have a genuine interest in maths you will probably really enjoy it :D
    Hope this helps a bit ! :)

Advertisement