Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview for part time retained firefighter

Options
  • 21-01-2012 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Hi guy's have my interview Tuesday for my local fire service and i am just wondering is there anything i should be aware of or look out for iv done a bit off swatting up and i have a trade and a first aid course so i am some way prepared but any tips would be great :D??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DeltaDelta

How do mate? Have you popped into your local station to have a chat with the current crew? No harm to do so if you haven't already. Be careful what you say during the interview, eg don't start on about something unless you know what you are on about.

Bring a bottle of water with you into the interview. If you are asked an awkward question, take a drink while you compose your answer. Don't make it obvious though!

Good luck with it mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

No i didn't take the tour i did try to arrange one but the lad i asked had just retired so he had no access i might try again tomorrow with another one of them :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gnashman

you will be asked about your local station in the interview so make sure that you go today and get a look around see what equipment they have.....best of luck

I think it went well anyways answered everything i could honestly and if i wasn't sure about something i said it :D.So me against 16 others for the one spot!

Well i didn't get the position i recieved a letter from the council saying i was 7th out of the 17 that interviewed with a score of 370 out of 500.Have to say i am disappointed as i thought i had a good shot but onwards and upwards and best of luck to the candidate that got the job!

• Advertisement
Advertisement