Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union

Options
  • 21-01-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I went into my local credit union today to apply for a small loan of 300. I thought I had everything I needed last four months bank statements payslips ect.

But they wouldn't even take my application without the January statement. I said to the girl sure that hasn't been issued yet and she said I could go to the bank and get a print out stamped by the bank.

So I either have to take a day of work an get this or wait a few weeks and apply again.

I'm not in arrears and pay more than I should every week via standing order.

Is this not a bit much?

Any opinions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Do you have internet banking, signing up for that and printing off a statement would be faster than booking a day off work. I dont get paper statements anymore so the credit unions are used to dealing with a print off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

They wont take print offs genuine bank statements only, its a joke all that hassle for 300 id tell them to shove it were the sun dont shine and close my account.
    No wonder there broke and have 500 euro an hour so called pen pusher managers in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭jonevin

Ya I suggested the print out and was told no. There is no change in my incOme between Christmas week and now which is all I am missing on paper

I wanted cash for a household appliance which is the whole reason I use the credit union.. Not any more seemly to much hassle is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

They should just give you money without your most recent details! Cheeky gits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

shangri la wrote: »
    They should just give you money without your most recent details! Cheeky gits!

:rolleyes:
    They were looking for a January statement, 2 weeks into January.
    And the op was able to produce a printout of the missing info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Must be different in different credit unions. I went into mine on Thursday to borrow just under 2k. I get quarterly statements and I'm due one any day now, which meant that my last official bank statement only covered up to the end of October. They wanted to see more, so on Friday I printed out statements from online banking to cover to the present day. No stamping from the branch required.

As it happens, I didn't need them. Went in after work on Friday evening to hand them in and the loan was already approved. Walked out with the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

patwicklow wrote: »
    They wont take print offs genuine bank statements only, its a joke all that hassle for 300 id tell them to shove it were the sun dont shine and close my account.
    No wonder there broke and have 500 euro an hour so called pen pusher managers in there.

€500 an hour pen pushers? So people in there are making over a million a year. Think again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

chris85 wrote: »
    €500 an hour pen pushers? So people in there are making over a million a year. Think again.
    I think he's referring to the chap brought it to the CU in Newbridge by the Central Bank.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Can we keep this on topic folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I think he's referring to the chap brought it to the CU in Newbridge by the Central Bank.

I see. A bit hard to generalise every CU with whats happening in one though. The guy is an accountant and they get paid very well for their work. Like solicitors do. No employee within the CU is getting money like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My credit union accepts print outs but it also has internet banking and opt-in online only statements

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

patwicklow wrote: »

I dont believe they are broke.

I think the reason they have the "special manager" is because they were breaking regulations about the amount of money they had on reserve i.e they were lending out too much money. So they should be more selective with loans and give them to less people.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Can I point out (again), my post above..

Advertisement