Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best places for computer repairs in Cork?

Options
  • 21-01-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Can someone suggest the best places for computer repairs in Cork?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

http://www.facebook.com/cork.student.it.repairs

These guys are very reasonable and operate a no-fix, no-fee policy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Sorry but no fix no fee is code for shure we'll have a go...

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

I think its more to do with the fact that they themselves are students, and are dealing with students, and know that money isn't there to be thrown around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭seniorstaff

check out magicomp, his name is slavko, excelent service and realy good prices, i found his details on here and have used him on all my computers, he is excelent;)

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Any idea on Mac repairs guys? My macbook is crashing on startup so better get it looked at which is very annoying seeing as its just over a year old:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Any idea on Mac repairs guys? My macbook is crashing on startup so better get it looked at which is very annoying seeing as its just over a year old:mad:

I've used Stream in the past and happy to recommend. Stream.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Worztron

check out magicomp, his name is slavko, excelent service and realy good prices, i found his details on here and have used him on all my computers, he is excelent;)

This them? http://www.magicomp.ie/

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Cork Student IT Repairs

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/cork.student.it.repairs

These guys are very reasonable and operate a no-fix, no-fee policy :)

Thanks for the recommendation!
    Sorry but no fix no fee is code for shure we'll have a go...

How is this an issue if you don't pay for it and we simply return your laptop as it was? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wonbadood

Worztron wrote: »

Their site looks good. I hope "seniorstaff" isnt Slavco in disguise :).
    I think i'll check them out for a problem i have with my PC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cork-Computer-Repairs/104036862966105
    Neill knows his stuff - he fixed a persistent and annoying blue screen issue we couldn't figure out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 timhawker

I went to Slavco at Magicomp after reading recommendations on this site. He was excellent. Genuine guy - honest and great value. I'd definitely recommend him to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Dealt with him a few times very good and fair.Is he still out in Grange?

dave1982 wrote: »
    Dealt with him a few times very good and fair.Is he still out in Grange?
    The website gives the address. I think its close to the Iona Appliance Services shop. Unit D6A, Southlink Business Pk.

I gave Slavco "Magicomp" my PC last Saturday. He's very busy at the moment upgrading XP's to Windows 7. He rang me back today and confirmed my fears. Motherboard is shot, but he quoted me €150 for a new replacement board including labour. That's a good price in my opinion so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that all will be good when i get it back next week. I did tell him that there was no rush with it.

wonbadood wrote: »
    I gave Slavco "Magicomp" my PC last Saturday. He's very busy at the moment upgrading XP's to Windows 7. He rang me back today and confirmed my fears. Motherboard is shot, but he quoted me €150 for a new replacement board including labour. That's a good price in my opinion so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that all will be good when i get it back next week. I did tell him that there was no rush with it.

Got my Desktop back last Saturday and its working great. Graphics card is built in to motherboard as before but is not as good as the previous one. Im not a gamer so it doesnt bother me. Thanks Slavco. Good service at a great price.

Advertisement