Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

joining problem

Options
  • 21-01-2012 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi guys,i live in the country,now,ive done security work in past,and i only have a junior cert but no leaving,i use too be in army reserves but i want too join the garda reserves now,i get on well with the local sgt and all and he said it would be great too see me in reserves since i know alot about laws and that,is there any way around the no leaving cert thing at all,its my dream too be in law enforcement

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Hi guys,i live in the country,now,ive done security work in past,and i only have a junior cert but no leaving,i use too be in army reserves but i want too join the garda reserves now,i get on well with the local sgt and all and he said it would be great too see me in reserves since i know alot about laws and that,is there any way around the no leaving cert thing at all,its my dream too be in law enforcement

You can apply for an exemption from the leaving cert. It's called a GR4 form.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭now radio soldier

and do i send this form along with the app first or too the commisoner in that case,in terms of the percentage of joining with out leaving,is it possable,would back ground in security help me on this.
    I worked in the square tallaght,citywest shopping centre,council offices,nutgrove shopping centre all for the one company,also did security for micheal buble concert,from set up and rigging,till the last truck rolled out after take down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

and do i send this form along with the app first or too the commisoner in that case,in terms of the percentage of joining with out leaving,is it possable,would back ground in security help me on this.
    I worked in the square tallaght,citywest shopping centre,council offices,nutgrove shopping centre all for the one company,also did security for micheal buble concert,from set up and rigging,till the last truck rolled out after take down.

On your application form to the PAS you just ask for an exemption from the results, and then state why you are asking for an exemption. Also, you can't work in security and work in the reserves as far as I know.

Best of luck, other members on here may chip in on this topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭now radio soldier

im currently not doing security anymore due too the fact i heared that i wouldnt be able too join reserves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shaunerz

im currently not doing security anymore due too the fact i heared that i wouldnt be able too join reserves.

Hi, As far as I know you will need to take your name of any security register (company) so on so forth... Iv just completed my GR4 form as i do not have Leaving Cert Maths. They sent it to me after my BR process was complete. Good Luck :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement