Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy power

Options
  • 20-01-2012 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Last night I placed a bet on a match for a second goal to be scored.
    A few minutes after I placed the bet a second goal was scored.
    PP said it was void as their was a technical error on their system that didn't register that a second goal had been scored for a few minutes after the goal had been scored iykwiM
    PP has refunded me my bet but I'm not happy as my return had been over €400

Today when I looked at the receipts from yesterday's bets it says "win" instead of void as what it said yesterday.
    I've attempted 4 times last night on live chat to talk to someone and each time they have disconnected me after looking into my acc
    I phoned but I was told it was on their terms and conditions that they could void a bet at any time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Did you check the time you placed your bet and the time that the 2nd goal was scored?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

okidoki987 wrote: »

Did you check the time you placed your bet and the time that the 2nd goal was scored?[/Quote

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

okidoki987 wrote: »

Did you check the time you placed your bet and the time that the 2nd goal was scored?[/Quote

Yep

Unfortunately you probably wont get your winnings, if it was a palpable error on their part, they will be within their rights to void the bet, it's very hard to come up against a bookie as they are covered so tightly by their terms and conditions. At this stage i cant see you getting an outcome, you can try fight them on it but many have done so in the past with no success.

Good Luck though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Happened me before. I also had a bet on no more goals to be scored (same market) and to essentially take out my stake (so at worst I'd be even) I backed the team that were dominating proceedings to score the next goal. The team that I backed did in fact go on to score the next goal but the bet was void. The other bet, no more goals, was a loss. I went on to live chat for ages but got nowhere. Same market and yet only the winning bet was void, go figure.

Advertisement