Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex of the baby

Options
  • 20-01-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering when do you find out the sex of a baby or have scans?

First baby and i'm 8 weeks :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mammytobe

Hi Janet, Im around 8 weeks also (I think!!)

I dont think the sex of the baby is visable in a scan until after 12-14 weeks.
    I think I will find out the sex also but keep between myself and bf. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Most places won't even hazard a guess before 20 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I saw on a sign in a waiting room not to ask before week 25, but as far as I know sometimes they can tell at 20 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Im going public and had my scan at 22 weeks and found out the sex. As far as i know, before 18 weeks its a lot harder to determine the sex. It depends on the position the baby is in as well, our sonographer spent quite a while trying to move babs around, we were just lucky he decided to open his legs at the end of the scan :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I found out at 20 weeks at holles st! Best thing I did! Delighted!! We were lucky the baby made it very easy for the sonographer as I know some babies are lying in awkward positions!! Can't wait to meet her now!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

Yeah the gender is visible by 20 weeks on a regular scan. I suppose a 3D one would give a more definite answer.

I found out the sex of my baby Girl at 13 weeks though by a CVS test (genetic testing), i had this done as I was a Geriatric mum to be. If you're under 35 don't be stressing about that. Enjoy your pregnancies!

Advertisement