Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Progression from FETAC to third level institutions

Options
  • 20-01-2012 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hello! Im a bit confused! I done my Leaving Cert last year ,, and got a horrible 280 points :( I then decided to do a Make-up artistry course in Galway technical institute. Its a one year programme and is finished in May this year. I hope to go on to do BA in applied Social studies in Sligo this year. I was just wondering, How do i know if I qualify for this course in Sligo IT? And do i apply through the CAO? And lastly , how many places roughly do they take from FETAC courses?? :)

I would be SOOO THANKFUL is someone could answer my questions :)

Thank you !

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Contact Sligo and see what FETAC courses they accept for entry to that course.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,231 ✭✭✭✭looksee

When Fetac courses are accepted by ITs (and universities) there is usually a direct link between the Fetac course and the third level course. So, if you wanted to do a Social Studies degree you would look for a Fetac social studies course with a link to a third level degree course.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Hi curry, have a look at this http://www.cao.ie/fetac/fetac_search.php ...it shows all acceptable fetac courses by the IT's and universities

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

looksee wrote: »
    When Fetac courses are accepted by ITs (and universities) there is usually a direct link between the Fetac course and the third level course. So, if you wanted to do a Social Studies degree you would look for a Fetac social studies course with a link to a third level degree course.

That's under the Higher Education Links Scheme. However, under the Pilot Scheme, operated by some ITS (info is here) you can use your module results from any full FETAC Level 5 award as points for entry into courses. You need to find out if Sligo (which is in the Pilot Scheme) will accept your FETAC points to gain entry to the course - contact the admissions office

Advertisement